IM Properties continues to deliver high-quality developments with long-term stewardship while supporting communities in new ways, including the creation of community funds.
Launched in January 2019, the Peddimore Community Fund, which is unrelated to the planning process, will look to support projects that are local to the area and can demonstrate a wider community benefit.
The £270,000 fund will include £180,000 donated by IM Properties and £90,000 of match funding from third party organisations, which will help to support local projects over the next six years. It will be administered by the Heart of England Community Foundation.
In the first year we will be looking to support up to 13 projects with grants of up to £2,000 per application.
This could include providing grants for sports, community, health and well-being and social welfare projects and formal training and education programmes, which could help to support:
- Young adults to raise aspirations and achieve better mental and physical health
- Extended learning opportunities for families, pre-school children and looked after children
- Training and learning opportunities for adults with no formal qualifications, with a focus on women
- Social and health needs of older people
- Initiatives working with homeless people and those at risk of homelessness
Our aim is to prioritise applications from organisations working within Royal Sutton Coldfield, Erdington and Perry Barr. Applications from neighbouring constituencies will also be considered.
To find out more about the grants and further details of how to apply, please visit: http://www.heartofenglandcf.co.uk/360giving/